Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just A Quick Note To Our Mission Trek Supporters

March 15th – 31st will find me, Andrew Burnett, on a “Scouting Mission” in Colombia, South America. The first half of the trip I will be visiting two Youth With a Mission Bases (Cartagena and Medellin) to seek out possible places and relationships for a Colombia Trek in 2010.

I also hope to visit with some of the staff of Open Arms Foundation, Enoc and Cristina Hernadez – they work with street kids in Medellin. I first met these folks two summers ago when I went to Colombia with a group from Hinson Church, my home church here in Portland, OR.

The picture in this post is of youth activities on Bocachica island near Cartagena, Colombia. Pray for Karen and Jorge Silva as they direct the ministries on the island.

The initial contacts have gone very well and I am looking forward to meeting the people and seeing the ministry to needy people of Colombia first hand.

The last few days before coming home I will be with one of our Mission Trek board members visiting one of the indigenous people groups in Colombia.

Traveling to Colombia is a very important step for Mission Trek. Lord willing, we will have at least two groups going out in 2010 – one to Panama and one to Colombia.

Please pray for me while I am on this trip – that God would use it to expand my vision for ministry and help to create a bond of ministry between myself and the other believers in Colombia.

July 18 – August 2, 2009 is our Panama Trek 2009. Please pray as we make final plans for our return trip to Panama. Pray especially for the Alex and Jennifer Cabezon and the Dale and Kim Kapsar families – they will be our hosts as we travel and participate in their ministries there in Panama.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to participate in “Praying”, “Giving” or “Going” on future Mission Trek activities. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Serving Him,
Andrew Burnett, Director
andrew@goodimpressions.us
7112 NE Emerson St.
Portland, OR 97218
503-256-2043

No comments: